Thursday, April 29, 2010

Lights & Owl City - Toronto Stop [ April 27th,2010 ]






Hey guys!
Long time no blog, sorry I haven't posted in a while, I got caught up with exams but now I'm free!!! So expect a lot of updating as I have taken notes after each show to help keep my train of thought haha :P


Anyways I went to see Lights & Owl City at the Sound Academy. It was my 3rd time seeing Lights and my 1st seeing Owl City. I must say, that everytime I see her I always feel as if the crowd should be so energetic, and just like everyone jumping around having a good time.. but for some reason that is never the case most of the fans just stand there and spazz at you if you get to close to them... but I guess with her being all over Much Music, and having a younger fan base plays a big role in this, as it was probably a lot of the kids first concert.


I personally, think this line up was really good. The Paper Route really got people going in the crowd, and then out came Lights who I believe compliments Owl City's music pretty good. It was nice to be at a show where the bands connected musically in a sense that they flowed well, as opposed to having really random openers along the way who didn;t really fit the bill. Lights' set was really good. After seeing her 3 times, you can see how she has changed and really gets into performing now, as the first time i saw her she seemed a little hesitant and shy about really getting into it, and to see her get so comfortable performing is pretty neat! She did something different that night though, she also did an acoustic set and played little bits of some of her older songs, which was a first for me to experience at one of her shows. It was good to see her perform again, even though her crowd wasn't super energetic it was great to be able to still see her give off that type of energy!


Up next we had Owl City! The one that most of these kids were waiting for. To be honest I wasn't sure what to expect from him, and I had only listened to one song so to me I was debating if I should stay back for his set or leave. But boy was i glad to stay! He was very entertaining, coming out on stage with a chicken sweater on, like full out chicken! the hood had a beak and the arms had feathers all over it! He played a good set, it was around 90 minutes and he stopped to talk about how he used to come to family reunions in Toronto. which i though was something nice to share with us. Adam Young sounded amazing that night, sometimes when i see bands live, their sets dissappoint because sometimes you can hear the all the mistakes, but at the sametime some can hide them very well, then again that is the beauty of seeing your favourite artists live. Owl City also had dancers on stage, and a wide variety of instruments on stage, he had his synth, guitar,drums and violins & other assortments of instruments, which i had no idea he used in songs.All in all, it was a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment